St. John's Church of England Primary School
‘Fulfilling our potential with God by our side.’
Welcome to St. John’s CE Primary School. We are a highly inclusive, Church of England Primary school in the heart of Penge. A small, one-form-entry school where we pride ourselves on knowing each child and their family, valuing every member of our school community. St John’s is a Christian school that empowers everyone to fulfil their unique, God-given potential in a safe, caring and creative learning environment. Through inclusive and aspirational teaching, we aim for every child to succeed as a lifelong learner in an ever changing world. Our school vision promotes and encourages children to thrive emotionally, socially, physically, creatively as well as academically. We understand the need to nurture every child to allow them to fulfil their capabilities.
We are very proud of our Christian ethos at St. John’s and seek to reflect this in everything we do. Our school is a community where all feel valued and included and we recognise that children learn most when they are happy, feel safe and are confident as learners. Therefore, developing important life skills such as problem-solving, resilience, perseverance and independence are the bedrock of supporting all pupils to achieve their potential.
It is upon this solid foundation that we develop the core skills of English, mathematical and scientific understanding, applied within a wider, balanced curriculum offer. We recognise that learning happens through a range of activities and in differing contexts, and we encourage creative approaches to teaching, including outdoor learning, and learning that considers both pupils academic starting points and their wider developmental needs.
Mrs Lynda Doel
Who is Aquinas?
- We are a family of schools that deliver Life-Transforming-Learning.
- Big enough to support but small enough to care, plus we have a proven track record of turning sponsored schools around.
- In our schools, every learner flourishes, regardless of their background or starting point.
- We believe every community deserves an effective school, and bring the diligence and security to make that happen.
- Our schools all have their own identity based around the communities they serve, but also benefit from the opportunities we bring as a Trust.
- Many of our schools are Church of England schools, and the Trust is founded on Christian values. To us that means celebrating individuals, embracing differences and welcoming staff and children of all cultures and of all religions (or none).
- We recognise the importance of diversity and talent, where differences are valued and enhanced whilst delivering equity of opportunity as part of our inclusive culture.
- We care about and educate the whole child, combining an excellent education with a firm moral grounding so our learners can give back to their communities.
For all enquiries please contact Ms Heasman in the school office on 0208 778 5066.
If you would like a paper copy of the information on this website, we will provide this free of charge.