Equality at Aquinas
Equality at Aquinas
Aquinas is committed to the promotion of equality throughout the Trust so that all individuals have equality of opportunity and do not suffer any discrimination, directly or indirectly. In accordance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, as embodied by the Equality Act 2010 (the Act), Aquinas is committed to:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act;
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not;
- Fostering good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Aquinas has an Equality Policy and a single equality scheme and statement which reflect the aims of the Act followed by all academies within the Trust.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Our equality, diversity and inclusion strategy identifies key aspects of our work which together allow us to take a holistic approach to promoting equality, improving diversity and maximising inclusion.
Our three-year strategy, entitled ‘Valuing All’, gives rise to an annual action plan which is regularly reviewed.
As an employer
We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to diversity amongst our workforce. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from underrepresented or disadvantaged groups (including, for example, women, people of colour, disabled candidates and LGBTQ+ candidates). We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to demonstrate their suitability for a role and to consider flexible working in appropriate cases.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
A list of links to the following three documents:
- The latest Equality policy labelled ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy’
- The EDI strategy for 2022-2024 labelled ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy’
- The EDI Inclusive language guide labelled ‘Inclusive Language Guide’
Further information can be found here