Safeguarding is the responsibility of all members of the school community and as such St. John’s commits to a regular safeguarding training and updates. The Dedicated Safeguarding Leaders are Sharon Rutherford (Head of School) and Anne Park (Inclusion Manager).
We follow a suite of Aquinas Trust policies and and have a number of academy-based policies and procedures that underpin and support keeping children safe in education. These can be accessed from our policies page.
Aquinas Trust Safeguarding policies:
- Alegations of abuse against staff
- Child Looked After
CPD and Training
- Grievance and Disciplinary
- Health and Safety
- Lone Worker
- Safer Recruitment
St. John's Policies:
- Accessibility Plan
- Appropriate Physical Contact (including restraint)
- Behaviour (including Anti-Bullying)
- Child Protection
- E-Safety and acceptable use
- Health and Safety procedures
- Missing Children
- Personal and intimate care
- Photography of children and young people
Annual Safeguarding Training, Information and Education Schedule may be viewed here.
Regular Safeguarding bulletins may also be found here to offer practical and useful advice about keeping children safe. (Many thanks to our friends at Farringtons School for sharing this valuable resource)